Guest Speaker: Karen Shinn
Cofounder of Downsizing Diva walks us through the services that are available to seniors looking to downsize.
- What services does Downsizing Diva provide?
- How is Downsizing Diva different from a traditional moving company?
- What are some of the age groups that have used Downsizing Diva services?
- How is an objective viewpoint important when deciding which items to take with you and leave behind?
- How does a floor plan assist you in deciding which furniture’s to take with you?
- If thinking of downsizing, why is it important to make the move sooner rather than later?
- How does residences like condos, senior apartments and retirement residences have a higher appeal for people with reducing mobility?
- What signs should you be aware of for you to seriously consider downsizing?
- Why is social isolations common in seniors who lost a spouse?
- Why is there an increase in the phone calls for downsizing in September, October or before winter?
- How does neighbourhoods play a factor in choosing to downsize?
- How have the notion of retirement homes changed over the years?
- How does retirement homes help prevent social isolation and increase enthusiasm for life?