Guest Speaker: Michelle Binette, an Interior Decorator
Michelle recently did all the décor and design for a 6-plex investment property in Prince Edward County that I co-own with some friends. We re-branded it the Mary Street Guesthouse to rent out all of the suites on AirBnB. We were having a hard time finding a decorator who was interested in working on this project so I reached out to Michelle to see if she was interested.
- Her thoughts when she was first contacted.
- The first step she took when she decided the project was for her
- Her thoughts on first seeing the Mary Street Guesthouse
- Has she done a project this big before? Was she overwhelmed at all? How did she deal with it?
- So there were 4 of us with different tastes chiming in as to the colours that you wanted to use. How did she manage to deal with all of us?
- How did she put together a décor plan for the guesthouse?
- Was it ever confusing for her? How much time did she spend planning for it?
- What was it like when she first came on site to actually decorate the spaces?
- How did she make them unique?
- What does she wish that she would have done differently?
- Is there a difference to decorating for a person who plans to live there as opposed to an AirBnB?