Listen to “Photographing Real Estate” on Spreaker.
Guest Speaker: Alex Lukey, Photographer
- How did you get started in the photography business?
- What was your first job?
- How did you break into editorial work for magazines?
- For a magazine editorial piece what makes a good picture?
- Is there a difference in what you need to do to photograph a house vs a person or outdoor space?
- What are some of the tricks of the trade to take a shot to make a room look bigger?
- In the city of Toronto, what are some of the coolest places you’ve shot?
- What was the most spectacular home that you’ve shot?
- How does colour affect your pictures for example shooting a room that is predominantly whites & greys vs one with some colour? What tends to look better in pictures?
- How does light throughout the year affect your indoor pictures for example summer vs winter or fall pictures?
- Are there certain colours or decorating styles that you’re noticing more of lately?
- In your own home, do you have anyone else’s pictures up or just your own?
- Who are your photography icons that have inspired your work?