Listen to “What Are the Rights & Regulations for Landlords & Tenants?” on Spreaker.
Guest Speaker: April Stewart, Owner of Landlord Legal which provides Professional Services for Landlords
- Why landlords need an advocate
- When landlords tend to call on April’s services
- Why some of her clients are trying to evict their tenants
- When a sheriff should get involved in an eviction
- Does she ever run into professional tenants and who qualifies as a professional tenant?
- What April thinks about the new rent control rules that state that a landlord must paythe tenant one month’s rent if they want to move into their own place
- What she has to say to tenants who feel that landlords have too many rights
- Cases she has had to defend landlords in
- April’s suggestions on how the Landlord & Tenant Board could be fixed to be more neutral to both landlords and tenants