Guest Speaker: Craig Race (Co-Founder of Lanescape)
Craig’s design process focuses on environmental and contextual sensitivity. His skill in crafting buildings that fit sensitively into their surroundings has engendered a passion for laneway development.
- When was Laneway housing was approved in Toronto?
- Have there been a flood of applications for Laneway houses?
- What are the benefits of Laneway housing?
- What are the requirements for someone to be allowed to have a Laneway house?
- Do they need their neighbour’s approval, for example, do they have to go to the committee of adjustment?
- What does Lanescape do?
- How long does the approval process take?
- What are the costs like?
- What if a homeowner wants to sever their laneway house and sell it to someone?
- What’s the timeline from start to finish from when someone first meets Lanescape to when their laneway house is completed?
- Can you create more than one apartment with the Laneway house?